- PrepTime: 3 Mins
- CookTime: 0 Mins
- TotalTime: 3 Mins
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce ginger ale (or lemon-lime soda)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Pour the tequila and soda in an old-fashioned glass.
- Cover the glass with a napkin and your hand.
- Slam the glass on the bar counter (careful not to break anything).
- Drink while it's still fizzing and enjoy!
- By using an old-fashioned or rocks glass rather than a shot glass, you have plenty of room for the fizzing action. Don't overpour the ingredients to fill the glass.
- Be sure to choose a strong glass with a thick bottom so it doesn't shatter when you slam it down. Also, you don't need to be so forceful as to possibly break the glass. Some people have also found that stone surfaces are not advised; wood is a better option.
- Though not required, the napkin will keep your hand from getting sticky with the fizzing soda.
- If you want to avoid the "slam," simply pour the two ingredients and drink. Add ice and sip rather than shoot it, if you like.
- Pour Champagne (or another sparkling wine) instead of soda and you have a slammer royale.
- The tequila boom boom adds grenadine syrup to the glass, giving it a red color and sweeter taste.
- In a similar manner, add a splash of fruit juice. Orange and grapefruit are always good with tequila, though some people add lemon juice.
- Ginger beer and lime is another fun combination.