- PrepTime: 0 Mins
- CookTime: 0 Mins
- TotalTime: 0 Mins
- 10 heads of fresh garlic
- a small pinch of salt
- 150 g to 200g sugar ,rock sugar, white sugar or brown sugar
- 400 ml 1+1/2 cup vinegar (white vinegar or black vinegar)
- 1 tsp. salt
- Choose fresh, complete and high quality garlic. You can pickle them as whole heads or small garlic cloves. Remain 1 or 2 layers of skins no matter what form you choose.
- The soaking process is extremely important for the final taste of the garlic. It can help to soften the spiciness.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar according to your personal preference. Rock sugar, white sugar and brown sugar, all of them can be used in this recipe. But they bring some small differences on the final taste and color. Choose your favorite type to create your favorite sweet taste.
- Both vinegar sugar and black vinegar can be used in the brine to bring the sour taste. In the picture blow, the dark red one is pickled with black vinegar and rock sugar. And the white one is pickled with white vinegar and rock sugar. The white one is lighter no matter on color or taste. The dark one has heavy flavors and tastes.