- PrepTime: 1 Mins
- CookTime: 1 Mins
- TotalTime: 2 Mins
- 3 coffee beans (whole, roasted)
- 1 to 2 ounces Sambuca (chilled or room temperature)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Pour the sambuca into a small, clear glass.
- Float the coffee beans on top and serve.
- If you do choose to flame this drink, take caution. A fire fueled by alcohol can cause accidents (particularly on a linen tablecloth during dinner). Keep hair and clothing away from the flame. Extinguish it and enjoy the toasted anise and coffee aroma before drinking.
- Sambuca comes in three colors: white (clear), red, and black (more of a deep purple or blue).
- Popular brands include Molinari, Romano, Luxardo, Galliano, Sambuca di Amore, Opal Nera, and Zambello. Yes, the best sambucas come from Italy.
- Most sambuca has an alcohol content of 42% ABV (84 proof). It is not a light liqueur, but slightly stronger than the average bottle of vodka.